Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Time to Kill

Its not that I have a lot of time doing nothing, even though I am now spending most of my time doing not exactly what I am supposed to do. But, on my defense, life is full with humps and bumps. No one can expects silky smooth sailing in the ocean, can't we? (Except during my turn to go to oil platform by boat when the chopper is fulled with client's staff, I do expect a smooth journey on sea)

Back to A Time to Kill. BBC aired this movie after Match of the Day (a program where they show all goals from this week EPL games. You see, here in the UK, I can only watch one game (sometime two) per week, via Sky Sport 1. And that after paying hell lot of money to subscribe the channel. So this program is the nearest possible replacement of live games).


I love Grisham's works, in fact, I am now in the process collecting hardback version of all his novels, as it can be found here as cheap as 50p in boot sales. I had seen this movie a few times, yet it failed to make me not to watch it again. Apart from lovely, sweaty Ashley Judd plot, I think its almost perfectly match to my imagination when I read that novel. For me, it is up there with The Shawshank Redemption, although Rita Hayworth poster is the only female element noticeable in that movie.


I fancy this kind of movies compare to the likes of John Rambo thingy, you know, one with pack of action. If you know the movies I had downloaded from internet, I'll bet you'll be surprised.

Anyway, if you accidentally missed both films, its about time for you to start downloading and watch it. You won't disappointed, that I am very sure.

***********************************************************************************
Bonfire night was celebrated 'widely' here. A few kids (and adults) unfortunately were presented with air times in BBC night news because the accidents they experienced with fire crackers. Ohh, they do sell fire crackers here, big one..but, like alcohol, you have to produce your age identification before buying them.

But, if we compare that to our malaysian standard, I think all the accidents reported were not worth even a minute in our TV3's Buletin Utama. For instance, how can you compare a burned hand with a lost hand? Or, minor face injury with lost of eye? That is one thing we can beat them British. We are by far my friends, more creative than our colonial master.

No comments: